Publications   Surgery Photos   No-Scalpel Vasectomy   Impotence   Laparoscopic Surgery   Dr. Whang's Blog   Transplant experience  

Date : 13-05-05 09:11     

Writer : HIFU    Views : 15,621
More Medications Now Available To Treat Prostate Cancer Patients.

More Medications Now Available To Treat Prostate Cancer Patients.
Posted on October 3, 2012

Dr. Whang comments:
When I was doing my Urology residency, many men presented with metastatic prostate cancer and were treated with hormonal therapy. Despite that, with in several years, many of these patients would succumb to hormone refractory prostate cancer.  Many patient were surprised and frustrated that there were no “Chemotherapy” for advanced prostate cancer.

20 years later, we have many medications and therapies for these patients who have hormone refractory prostate cancer.  It shows that continued research is necessary to advance health care.

The big question is, with Medicare budget likely to be cut in the near future, who will pay for this important research.

USA Today (10/1, Weintraub) reports, “For the first time ever, thanks to a handful of drug approvals over the past 2½ years, there are now multiple options for treating advanced prostate cancer.” For instance, “the newest drug, enzalutamide…came on the market last week with the best survival data ever seen in prostate cancer.” The article discusses several of the medications approved in the past few years to treat prostate cancer.

Posted in Uncategorized 

Contact us | HOME |  matthew whang facebook  matthew whang youtube  matthew whang twitter 

ABOUT HIFU About HIFU |  Contact us |  Treatments |  Considering HIFU? |  FAQ |  Privacy Statement |  CURRICULUM VITAE |  HIFU VIDEO |  VIDEO | 
UROLOGY Publications |  Surgery Photos |  No-Scalpel Vasectomy |  Impotence |  Laparoscopic Surgery |  Dr. Whang's Blog |  Transplant experience | 
Dr. Matthew Whang Urology Group of New Jersey | 1001 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ 07052 | Tel.: ( 973) 669-8448 I Fax: (973) 669- 9536
Copyright 2013. All right reserved. Dr. Matthew Whang