Publications   Surgery Photos   No-Scalpel Vasectomy   Impotence   Laparoscopic Surgery   Dr. Whang's Blog   Transplant experience  

Date : 13-05-05 09:12     

Writer : HIFU    Views : 15,958
Fifty Types Of Cancer Added To Coverage For 9/11 First Responders

Fifty Types Of Cancer Added To Coverage For 9/11 First Responders
Posted on September 11, 2012

Dr. Whang Comments:
Wow!  I knew we spent a lot at the end of life but I didn’t know we spent quite so much.

This is a huge problem for all Americans.

One way to fix or help with this is to ration helath care.  I know no one wants to hear the term but in other civilized countries with national health, it is indeed rationed.

Regardless of who becomes the president, these issues need to be addressed head on.

Quarter Of Medicare Beneficiaries Spend All Assets On Healthcare In Last Years Of Life.

The Washington Post (9/11) “Ezra Klein’s Wonkblog” reported, “A quarter of Medicare beneficiaries end up spending all their assets on health care in the last five years of life. That’s what Amy Kelley, a professor at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, found in a first-ever look at the out-of-pocket costs seniors face when medical problems mount near the end of life.” Using “the Health and Retirement Survey, a longitudinal study that has lots of data on medical spending in old age,” Kelley found that the “average Medicare beneficiary spent s $38,688 out-of-pocket during the last five years of life.”

Dr. Matthew Whang, MD, MBA
Vice President
UROLOGY GROUP OF NEW JERSEY

Posted in Uncategorized 

Contact us | HOME |  matthew whang facebook  matthew whang youtube  matthew whang twitter 

ABOUT HIFU About HIFU |  Contact us |  Treatments |  Considering HIFU? |  FAQ |  Privacy Statement |  CURRICULUM VITAE |  HIFU VIDEO |  VIDEO | 
UROLOGY Publications |  Surgery Photos |  No-Scalpel Vasectomy |  Impotence |  Laparoscopic Surgery |  Dr. Whang's Blog |  Transplant experience | 
Dr. Matthew Whang Urology Group of New Jersey | 1001 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ 07052 | Tel.: ( 973) 669-8448 I Fax: (973) 669- 9536
Copyright 2013. All right reserved. Dr. Matthew Whang